Students’ Union Wellbeing Officer
Students’ Union Welbeing Officer, the National Union of Students and Advice and Representation staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be the main point of contact within your department for students to raise concerns or provide feedback on issues of race or gender equality, diversity and accessibility, providing a signposting facility to appropriate support services where necessary.
As such you will need to commit to:
- Undertake training appropriate to the role, provided by the SU
- Positively promote race, gender equality, diversity and accessibility issues within your department, especially promoting BAME, HeforShe and LGBT activities, events, support services and networks.
- Communicate any issues raised by, or feedback provided by, students in your department to the Department Equality Officer, the SSC chair/secretary and/or the Students’ Union Wellbeing Officer as appropriate and to work proactively to resolve such issues.
- Attend twice-termly EDC meetings where you will
- Raise any race or gender equality, diversity and accessibility issues which have been raised with you by students
- Discuss steps to be undertaken to actively reduce potential inequality issues within courses or department.
- Follow up any previously raised issues to ensure that agreed solutions are implemented
- Participate in welcome week and other appropriate University and SU organised events
- Engage with Academic Reps and SU Representative Committees (Liberation, Wellbeing, etc.) to raise awareness of race or gender equality issues, diversity and accessibility.
Time commitment minimum 1-2 hours per week on average
*if you are interested in the role please click the bellow button
Drop Content Blocks Here