Be the Influence is the positive lifestyle campaign for Sport and Active Life, designed to promote wellbeing in 4 areas of student life: Physical, Mental, Social and Sexual.
Not only does Be the Influence encourage students who do sport to look after their own wellbeing, Sport and Active Life also expect sportspeople to be ambassadors of their team, Team Leicester and University as a whole.
‘Be The Influence’ will be the banner that addresses 4 of the pillars below:
- Get active through the range of programmes on offer at the University of Leicester
- With a gym membership you can book yourself in for a Health Check or a Gym Programme with one of our Active Life Advisors.
- Mental health awareness training through the Students' Union which is available to all students. More information can be accessed through te SU website
- Mental Health laces campaign for Sport in Mind - you can buy the blue and green laces for either you or your team from the Students' Union Wellbeing Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to raise money for Sport in Mind
- All Team Leicester clubs have dedicated Wellbeing Contacts within their committee to be point of contact for any wellbeing concerns within the clubs. All wellbeing contacts will receive training and support for them to fullfil their roles.
- All Team Leicester club members must adhere to the the Sport and Active Life Code of Conduct at all sporting events co-ordinated by the Sport and Active Life Service. A copy of the code of conduct can be viewed here.
- For a free confidential and friendly service, staffed by a team of nurses for young people aged 24 and under, you can visit the drop -in clinics run from the Students Union on Tuesdays 10:30-1:30 during term time. For more information look at CHOICES
- Sport and Active Life are encouraging all students to call our inappropriate harassment behaviour, inlcuding sexual harassment, assault and violence. Keep an eye out on the SU website for relevant training and awareness workshops.
- C-Card (free condom packs) and peer sexual guidance - contact Sexpression
More information on how teams and get involved and upcoming campaigns will be announced at the official launch of Be the Influence later on this term.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding the campaign, feel welcome to talk to any of the contacts below:
Harriet Smailes - Standing Together Project Officer (Student Support Services) - email@example.com
Liz Jennings - Sports Experience Manager (Sport and Active Life) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kennedy Adamu - Sports Officer (Students Union) - email@example.com