Why be a College Rep?
As a College Rep you will have a unique opportunity to:
- Help improve the student experience of current and future students;
- Influence the development of Students’ Union policy on academic matters, maintaining strong relationships with the Students’ Union’s elected officers;
- Gain a good understanding of current higher education issues and play a lead role in Students’ Union education campaigns;
- Gain experience of taking a lead role in a large membership led organisation;
- Meet and build effective working relationships with a wide range of staff and students from across the College and the wider University;
- Gain access to specific leadership and people management training and voluntary accreditation schemes;
- Get involved with Students’ Union campaigns to improve the student experience;
- Gain vital professional development and key business skills including:
o Leadership and Negotiating
o Presentation and Training
o Chairing committees
o People management and Networking
o Report writing.
Drop Content Blocks Here